Saturday, July 24, 2010

angsty tomboy teen vs. joan jett

As I continue to poke fun at the Twilight series and their choice of lead female in Kristen Stewart, I think she may have found a role in a movie that she is well suited for. Apparently Kristen Stewart is starring in a movie about Joan Jett called "The Runaways". Her Twilight costar Dakota Fanning is also in the flick.
Now, I've always said how confused and surprised I am that the powers that be had cast Kristen Stewart as the female lead & love interest in this saga, being that Hollywood is so obsessed with sex and beauty. I'm not saying Kristen is ugly, by any means. She is just plain. As plain as can be. Her acting skills are simply how she acts in everyday life. In other words, not much acting going on. Don't believe me? Watch her in an interview. The girl is not only weird, but she's a complete spoiled rotten snot. Anyone that has the audacity to say in an interview that "the paparazzi experience is like being raped", needs a total reality check. Every role I've ever seen her play, she was the exact same way. Not a far stretch for her.
I've also had a little theory about her personal life. In every movie I've ever seen her in, she is a bit of a tomboy. Not much feminine going on there. My suspicion was and is that, she is gay. Now, don't get me wrong here. I have many friends who are gay, I'm not bashing her at all. I just found the whole 'rumor' or publicity stunt that she is dating her 'sparkly vampire' in real life, a bit of a joke. Its a total stunt, in my opinion.
Which brings me to my whole statement in the beginning of this. Playing the role of Joan Jett just may be her best role yet. I met Joan Jett back in the 80's when she played at a club I worked at. Never knew she was a lesbian until then. She is an awesome woman & a hell of a rocker. Great person, indeed.
I only have one problem with Kristen being 'Joan Jett'. If you look at Joan, she is one of the most strikingly beautiful women I've ever seen. Flawless face. Nothing 'plain' about Joan... I'm just sayin'.

3 comments:

  1. I haven't seen Kristen in any interviews but I've heard others refer to her in a similar fashion when it came to the interview that she made the remark about the Paparazzi. She's not the greatest actress in the world, but I will have to say I've enjoyed the twilight movies.

    As for Joan Jett, I saw her in concert when she opened for Robert Plant in Memphis, TN back in the late 80's. My husband and I both agreed that she put on a great show. She should have been the main act that night. We enjoyed her much more than we did Robert Plant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. she's a gorgeous woman. she looks exactly the same today. hasn't aged a bit. she could of been a model. thanks for the comment, ronda!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joan Jett and Deborah Harry are the two women of the 80s that I just wanna lock in my basement and look at. Forever <3

    Kirsten Stewart howver fills me with vile anger. I havent seen the Twilight movies so I dont even base my judgements on those. It's just every media appearence I've seen of her she has been this spoiled, blasé, moody arsehole.

    ReplyDelete